On behalf of our client we are looking for a BAS Technician to join their team. The Technician will work as part of a team to service their clients’ Building Automation Systems. This includes start-up and commissioning, calibration, service and maintenance while maintaining a high degree of quality and adhere to all safety standards
- Assists with start up, commission, & re-commission of systems that utilize pneumatic / electrical / DDC technology.
- Complete all required commissioning documentation. Maintains accurate As-Built drawing package and makes changes in Visio, Excel, Word, as required.
- Responsible for calibration of systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals and/ or a laptop computer.
- Completes reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assists in static (stand-alone) and dynamic (total building interactive network) commissioning of software programming.
- Assists in the set up of operator workstations with all associated software.
- Responsible for performing job database backups daily or as advised.
- Communicates with lead project personnel upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Tracks and records job progress and keeps lead project personnel informed on progress, concerns and issues.
** Please note this role requires a willingness to travel more than 50% of typical work week, including air travel, overnight hotel stays, and unexpected travel.
- Minimum 1 Year experience in the HVAC Control industry
- Asset: Associates Degree in Mechanical/Electrical or HVAC field
- Field experience of installation and operation of automated control systems
- Experience with operation, test and function of mechanical systems in commercial buildings
- Thorough understanding of electrical theory as it applies to HVAC industry