Computer Assisted Drafting Resource
# POSITIONS: Two (2) resources required
LOCATION: Head Office – Regina, SK
CONTRACT DURATION: ASAP – March 31, 2019 (Minimum six (6) months)
- Contract will automatically renew for successive one (1) year terms, a maximum of five (5) times
DAYS/HOURS: Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Our large Client requires computer aided drafting (CAD) services for natural gas transmission facilities drawing updates. The focus of these positions is on mechanical and electrical drawings related to natural gas transmission (pipeline and compression) facilities.
Only candidates who meet all of the below “Must Haves” will be evaluated.
1. Diploma from a recognized technology program (minimum two-year, full-time program):
- Canadian based Engineering Design & Drafting Technology; or the equivalent (Western Canada preferred)
- Geomatics (Survey) Technology Diplomas; or the equivalent
- Canadian based related engineering or technology program will be considered if the program is focused in-depth on drafting and surveying skills (Western Canada preferred)
*Architectural and Civil Engineering Technology Diplomas will not be considered.
2. Minimum of two (2) years hands on Drafting experience using an acceptable version of AutoCAD Map 3D (2015 or later)
- Editing / creating of 2D drawings using AutoCAD Map 3D and 3D drawings using CADWorx.
- Updating drawings to As-Built status from various sources of field mark-ups.
- Drawing administration including drawing file management, tracking completion progress and liaison with engineering groups to have drawings approved.
- Update and maintain corporate drawing information in the Drawing Management System (SharePoint).
- Assist in the development and maintenance of CAD standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Participate in meetings related to work assignments.
You will be provided with the necessary training to complete projects to company standards and specifications.
You will be provided a suitable work station including a computer complete with applicable software and telephone.