Are you looking for a challenging role with a successful, and growing automotive manufacturer?
Do you enjoy the latitude and responsibility that comes with a key accounting position?
We’re an automotive parts manufacturer who strives for perfection in everything we do: whether we’re providing the very best in parts to a range of clients, or a safe and positive workplace for our employees, dedication, commitment, and consistency are the hallmarks of our ongoing success.
We’re looking to add a new Quality Assurance Specialist to our team, and if you have what it takes to succeed in a position with a big impact, then we want to hear from you.
Manufacturing Cost Accountant
Your goal in this position will be to monitor, analyze, and manage costs related to our regular production of automotive parts. Using your strong fundamental accounting skills, you’ll be a key part of both the planning and operational accounting process.
Working with our plant reporting system, you’ll monitor the day-to-day costs of production, including supplies, repairs, maintenance, utilities and labour. One of your most important responsibilities will be maintaining records of actual costs, and adapting our processes according to changes in suppliers, production, and other variables.
At end and mid-month, you’ll conduct analysis and compose reports on financial matters relating to production, including updates on how real numbers are matching up to expectations. Inventory is a monthly process for us, so you’ll also contribute to both physical and financial counting and valuation.
Finally, you’ll be responsible for coordinating alongside other departments to forecast costs, conduct monthly reports, and produce year-end financials, in addition to conducting variance analysis (i.e. actual vs standard).
Aside from your background in accounting and relevant work experience, we’ll be looking for someone who is:
- Independent – you’re able to take on both common and unexpected difficulties with minimal direction and oversight.
- Adaptable – you’re able to work on cross-functional teams effectively, and can communicate with other departments to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of budgets and reports.
- Detail oriented – whether it involves inventory or accounting, you’re great with the details that matter. You anticipate mistakes in calculation to prevent problems down the line.
Working With Us
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours from Monday to Friday. We offer a competitive salary that will be commensurate with your skills and experience.
We are committed to getting better every day, and work to create an environment that brings out the best in every employee, develops leaders, and rewards results.
Our employees have many reasons why they love working for us, but one thing they mention again and again is the quality of the team. Teamwork is key, and we work hard to foster a group that is motivated to get the job done, together.
- Degree in business and/or accounting, or an equivalent amount of relevant work experience
- Experience as an accountant for medium/large scale business, preferably in manufacturing or a similar industry
- Experience doing costing for the purposes of manufacture, preferably in the automotive industry
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Familiarity/knowledge of accounting software, such as QuickBooks, and cost planning software etc.
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency with MS Office (especially Excel)
- Strong understanding of standard costing
How to Apply
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.