Our client is a full-service architectural engineering consulting firm, dedicated to providing creative solutions to the most challenging structural, civil, and building design projects. Currently seeking an experienced technical and project delivery leader for their Abbotsford, BC office. You will be responsible for working directly with the client from concept design to project completion. Maintaining accountability for adherence to all project parameters, design intent, jurisdictional requirements and financial targets of your projects. In this role, you will possess a proven ability to communicate effectively with all project stakeholders and firm leadership, discern project needs in the project planning phase and during the project execution, and maintain control of project performance.
- Responsible for the preparation of all necessary project documentation (permit issue as well as construction documentation) and administering contract documents.
- Work with production team and co-ordinate with other project consultants during all phases of the project.
- Liaise directly with clients.
- Submission of Building Permit Applications, Site Plan and Minor Variance Applications.
- Coordinate the project design and permitting with the Certified Registered Professional on the project.
- Production drafting, but also manage the financials and the project parameters.
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Design or Architecture from a recognized technical institute preferred.
- 5 + years of experience with residential and commercial design – 3 years in a project leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience in project management with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects.
- Understanding of the latest building codes.
- Business savvy with a sense of leadership diplomacy is important.
- Strong understanding and experience with MS Office and basic knowledge of REVIT a must.
- Some proficiency in Autocad, Sketch up and Photoshop would be an asset.
- Solid working knowledge of building assemblies, design and construction detailing.
- Strong interpersonal skills; dealing with clients and colleagues and the ability to work well within a team environment, as well as strong planning and coordinating skills.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better.
The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.