You’re an experienced…looking for your next (or your first) contract
Ready for your next contract?
Want to work with an agency that treats you well? That has a contractor success team dedicated to helping you through your employment experience?
We’re Ian Martin Group and we’re that agency. And today we’re looking Electrical Engineer I for a contract in the Healthcare industry.
You became a contractor so you could tackle only the most unique, challenging, and high paying jobs on the market.
This is one of those jobs.
Were looking for a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designers are responsible for providing printed circuit board designs for new or existing products within a business segment. They may work independently or in conjunction with Engineers. Work with PCB fabrication suppliers and Engineers to define the most cost effective product requirements.
- Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions
- Work with Engineers to capture and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing products
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs
- Establish design standards, procedures and techniques to produce high reliability products (such as Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability)
- Verify that all drawings convey accurate information
- Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to manufacturing
- Perform schematic capture duties such as maintenance of parts libraries and updating schematics or drawings in an organized and timely manner
- Work directly with different business functions and team members to meet serviceability, functional and manufacturability requirements
- Coordinate procurement of prototype material as well as oversee the build and verification of design
- May work on design projects that reduce the cost of the product, as well as, designing necessary equipment or fixtures that are needed during the new product development cycle or with installed base products
Lead and participate in engineering and general design reviews as required
- Assist with the preparation of proposal documentation, technical data such as qualification test procedures, reports and component maintenance manuals
- Provide technical guidance, training and coaching to less experienced Designers
- Check design work of other engineering department members including layout, form, fit, function, materials, specification callouts, dimensioning, and other outputs as requested
- Interact with vendors and customers on engineering .
- Associates degree in Electronics, or a technical degree from a recognised CAD training facility, and a minimum 4 years of related experience or equivalent (defined as a High School diploma/GED and a minimum of 6 years of related experience)
- Minimum of 4 years of Computer Assisted design/drafting experience. Detailed knowledge of RF and High Speed Digital PCB Layout and highly proficient with CADENCE and similar CAD tools, as well as being able to perform design analysis
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate in local language
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience leading design reviews
- Experience with proposal documentation and qualification test procedures
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical guidance, training and coaching to less experienced Designers
- Ability to interact with vendors and customers on engineering design issues
- Ability to meet reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently toward timely completion of a desired goal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Drafting or a related field
- 2 to 5 years of relevant RF and High Speed Digital PCB Layout design experience with CADENCE
- 2 or more years of experience with design for manufacturability and reliability
- Design experience with medical products, global teams, and working in a medically regulated industry
- Knowledge of GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes
- Excellent teamwork, coordination, and communication skills
- Ability to meet aggressive schedule requirements
- Adaptable and flexible: being open to change and able to respond to new information, workload changes or updated priorities as they present themselves.
Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues
You’ve spent a lifetime working for other people. Now it’s time to build the career you want.
The world is a sandbox. Put your skills to use and play in it the way you want to play.
About the Ian Martin Group
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957.As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.