Our client is currently seeking for an Electrical Engineer to Manage and provide life cycle materiel management support for the Canadian search and rescue systems of COSPAS-SARSAT. The chosen candidate must have a Secret Clearance.
- Liaise with procurement authorities, contracting authorities, contractors, maintenance resources and operators, as required, to ensure system and operational requirements are met, excellent communications, and minimize modifications and financial impacts..
- Resolve system failures and problems efficiently and completely to minimize downtime and loss of data.
- Review financial information throughout the fiscal year for all systems supported and provide advice to ensure budget matches all plans and final expenses are within budget.
- Provide sound engineering advice for all systems supported.
- Research, analyze and advise management on the effectiveness and suitability of different technologies in the remote sensing and satellite system environment with emphasis on the technical authority and life cycle materiel management role.
- Participate, manage and/or chair, as appropriate, Configuration Control Boards for the systems supported.
- Coordinate SARSAT information with the National Secretariat for Search and Rescue to ensure the Canadian SARSAT system meets the international requirements.
- Write and submit reports describing progress made, analysis conducted, options considered, meetings held, resources identified, and other pertinent detaills
- Travel to locations, as required, for inspections, audits, coordination, and meetings in support of the systems and responsibilities described herein.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must clearly demonstrate 3 years of engineering experience within the past 10 years in the area of remote sensing and satellite systems.
- Must clearly demonstrate 1 year of experience within the past 10 years of life cycle materiel management.
- Must clearly demonstrate 3 years of experience within the past 5 years of clear and concise written communication skills in an engineering role and have strong abilities in preparing and leading the development of documents and presentations of results of detailed analysis to technical and senior staff.
- Must clearly demonstrate 2 years of experience with the past 5 years in the development and/or engineering review of operational and procurement documentation (e.g. Statements of Operational Requirements, System Requirements Specifications, Statements of Work, etc.).
ABOUT IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.