You’re an experienced…looking for your next (or your first) contract
Ready for your next contract?
Want to work with an agency that treats you well? That has a contractor success team dedicated to helping you through your employment experience?
We’re Ian Martin Group and we’re that agency. And today we’re looking for Engineering Project Leader I for a contract in the Healthcare industry.
You became a contractor so you could tackle only the most unique, challenging, and high paying jobs on the market.
This is one of those jobs.
Were looking for a Technical contributor in cross-functional project teams to design/redesign, prototype and develop complex, single-use, consumable, bioprocess products such as in the Xcellerex, WAVE, and Ready ToProcess product lines. Technically lead product development efforts from concept through design transfer into manufacturing.
• Design, prototype, develop and document new product offerings, primarily consumable, single-use bioprocessing products such as in the Xcellerex, WAVE, and ReadyToProcess product lines.
• Engage in all phases of product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support.
• Adhere to design control requirements including the creation of CAD models, assemblies, drawings, detailed specifications, design verification and validation plans, protocols and reports.
• Complete all project and documentation tasks required to launch new and redesigned products.
• Establish product critical to quality (CTQ) characteristics, specifications and requirements with cross-functional department input and VOC information.
• Collaborate with Quality and Purchasing to establish appropriate quality metrics and PPAP requirements, and select appropriate suppliers.
• Collaborate closely and effectively with cross-functional departments worldwide – Marketing, Quality, Regulatory and Manufacturing to drive projects to completion.
• Identify, collaborate and manage outside suppliers on material selection, tool design, manufacturing technologies and specifications for components, subassemblies, finished assemblies.
• Create 3D CAD software mechanical drawings, thermodynamic analysis, detailed drawings and assembly models complete with calculated dimensions and tolerances.
• Create component and assembly geometry, specify materials, and establish acceptable performance standards. Address implementation complexity, risks, manufacturability, serviceability and quality.
• Generate and document intellectual property (IP).
• Manage outside resources contracted for concept/product development, prototype/pilot fabrication, and testing of devices when applicable.
• Performs complex calculations, analyses, and testing to verify assumptions.
• Prepare engineering change requests, engineering change notices, bills of material, engineering specifications, and customer submittals.
• Direct the construction and testing of prototype and pilot products, and conduct analysis of the test results.
• Interface directly with manufacturing employees to clarify questions on drawings and designs. Assist Manufacturing in troubleshooting production issues on standard and special products.
• Assist Technical Service in troubleshooting field installations, when requested.
• Mentors and supports drafters, designers, and junior engineers, as appropriate.
• Maintain and develop competence required for the job.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical Engineering or related degree and 5 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated experience in plastic part design
• Familiarity with ISO, FDA and other regulatory standards
• Knowledgeable of a variety of manufacturing methods, including injection molding, extrusion, machining, and assembly processes
• Knowledge in statistics analysis, risk management and FMEA
You’ve spent a lifetime working for other people. Now it’s time to build the career you want.
The world is a sandbox. Put your skills to use and play in it the way you want to play.
About the Ian Martin Group
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957.
As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better.
The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.