GENERAL MANAGER, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
LOCATION: Guelph, ON
Our Client, a unique Engineering Consulting Firm, specializes in resolving air quality, sound and vibration, climate change, hydrogeological as well as waste management issues for a wide array of architectural, engineering, industrial, commercial and government clients.
Reporting to the CEO/President, we are looking for someone to take on the General Manager of the Environmental Services business unit position.
- Degree in engineering or science program, with a focus on environment
- Minimum 15 – 20 years of related experience with growth and proven history
- Comprehensive environmental consulting experience with industry and government clients
- Proven market awareness with business development experience
- Experience running large teams (100 – 400 people)
- Advanced skills in negotiating contracts and developing detailed proposals
- Legislative / Regulatory Compliance
- Sales and Marketing
- Financial Management including budgeting
- Ability to communicate complex environmental issues to a wide range of audience understanding
- Experience in developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with clients
- Proven ability to successfully meet client expectations, schedule, and budget
- Leadership and Organizational Development
- Mentorship to a team of technical experts
- Direct and support business unit’s management team that is responsible for the overall operation, management and marketing of business unit
- Responsible to manage risk and reputation while continuing to focus on expanding the business
- Accountable to develop and sustain a competitive advantage for the business unit’s services, positioning the unit against rivals; anticipating changes in demand and technologies and adjusting strategy to accommodate them; and influencing the nature of competition through strategic actions
- Reporting to the CEO/President, establish and implement business unit policies, goals, objectives and procedures by monitoring budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections
- Manage a variety of concurrent projects, ensuring all work is completed on time and on budget; deal with escalated issues as they arise and determine next steps
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain highly skilled and engaged employees by diagnosing capability gaps, overseeing onboarding (e.g. recruiting, selecting equipping, and developing) and off-boarding talent, supporting mentorship, employee development, and succession planning, promoting performance management and leveraging capabilities of new and existing talent
- Positively promote the company in all dealings with clients and staff
- Maintain industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
About the Ian Martin Group
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.