Contractors, do you want to work at a global powerhouse?
The Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive engineering and technical staffing firm and we partner with companies who are looking for top talent in their respective industries.
Our current opportunity is for with an energy and utility provider that is one of the largest in the USA.
We offer best in the industry pay rates and a dedicated team of customer service professionals.
This is where you come in:
We have an immediate opening for “GIS Analyst”, located in St. Louis, Missouri
- Create routing analysis maps and databases, using GIS software and related equipment.
- Conduct research to locate and obtain existing databases.
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including public data, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps.
- Author various maps upon request for co-workers in either paper or electronic format.
- Perform Project Management duties including establishing protocols, completing tasks on schedule, and giving regular project status reports.
- Design methodology to complete a project and produce a final product. Document all final processes thoroughly, working toward production of a User Process Manual.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Geography, GIS, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, or related technical field required.
- 5+ years of experience with GIS mapping technology.
- Proficiency in automating tasks using tools such as ModelBuilder or FME (Python knowledge is a plus).
- Strong analytical skills – problem solving using the ESRI ArcGIS (10.x) suite of tools. Proficiency in the processing and analysis of raster and vector geospatial data.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups of all technical levels and backgrounds.
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and datasets from various sources for use in analysis.
- Ability to create, automate, and document repeatable processes.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and complete records.
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet schedules and time lines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Create, operate, and document advanced analysis models for Electrical Transmission Line Routing Optimization. Perform advanced editing of operational data sets and manipulate a variety of data formats, entering data into geospatial data models.
- Work with related software and programs to create and maintain data and/or maps that can be combined with geographically referenced data.
- The Analyst must have a good understanding of the business processes and terminology.