We are looking for a Intermediate/Senior Structural Engineer with a proven track record to perform a wide range of tasks for our municipal, public works and private residential projects in the Water Infrastructure Group. Applicants will be able to carry out design tasks through all project stages from concept to completion, meet project deadlines and work well within a team and independent environment. The applicants will need to showcase and demonstrate experience and ability in project planning, design, execution and working with the design teams.
- A Professional Engineer (P. Eng) in Ontario.
- Be able to showcase demonstrated experience & understanding of public, municipal and residential design. Knowledge of OBC Part 9 would be an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills to work within a team and client-oriented environment.
- Excellent English writing, written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong technical writing skills.
- Strong work ethic, motivation and professional judgment.
- An Ontario G Driver License is preferred with ability to travel to sites independently.
- Proficiency in software such as StaadPro and RAM Structural Systems or similar would be advantageous.
- Prepare detailed engineering design documents, grading and servicing designs, for site plans and draft plans.
- Prepare proposals, studies, and functional service reports; develop cost estimates, tenders, and specifications.
- Be involved through all project stages, from definition, through planning, design, and construction using your demonstrated abilities to recognize opportunities, understand client needs, and manage and deliver projects.
- Develop design experience for structural steel, concrete, masonry and wood.
- Review the work of CAD personnel to assure accuracy and conformance to design requirements.
- Schedule projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Prepare reports to investigate field and design problems.
- Prepare detailed design calculations and layouts.
- Conduct site visits and inspections.
- Participate in business development and liaise with demanding clients.
- Work with a Project Manager or Senior Designer.
- All other duties as assigned
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.