Contractors, do you want to work at a global powerhouse?
The Ian Martin Group is only as strong as the workforce in the field. We have a distinctly different approach to our contractor engagement and have a team of specialists to ensure success on your assignment.
Our role is to provide top level technical talent to some of the planets strongest companies in the manufacturing, telecommunications, and technology industries. This is where you come in.
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Engineer on a 12-month assignment in Oshawa, ON.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Proactive Planning activities such as PFMEA’s , PQS (product quality standards ) Development and Best Practice Supplier CPSC (Control Plan Special Characteristics)
- Develop and Implement a Standardized Work Task List
- Team Member or Leader for a VOC ( voice of customer ) Bucket Team
- Participate in the Change Management Process
- Communicate Emerging Issues Summary for Responsible Components
- Coordinate Supplier Quality Yard Sweeps
- Coordinate Repair, Rework and Containment Activities for Identified Spills
- Participate in High Risk Supplier phone calls
- Issue Temp Work Orders
- Ensure Appropriate Identification of KPC's and KCC's
- Support APQP and Supplier Readiness including PPAP
- Drive Warranty Reduction Initiatives
- Create PDF's and utilize PRTS ( Problem Resolution Tracking System ) though the CPIT Process
- Diamond 4 through 7 Problem Solving Work for VOC Metrics and Product Launch Issues
- Perform SORP Specification Check and Assembly Process Verification activity per Corp Procedure
- Participate in ISO Audits and layered audits
- Facilitate the PTR ( production trial run ) Process
- Support Controlled Shipping Activity
- Facilitate supplier visits to manufacturing facility
- Communicate lessons learned to SMT's and Validation Teams
- Develop sufficiency plans to meet established VOC targets for assigned components and systems
- Support PIT (Plant Issues Team ) and IRT ( Issues Resolution Team ) during Launch
- Follow all site safety guidelines
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Quality related skill sets such as red-x certification, professional society certification etc.
- Engineering Degree is a must
- Previous QE experience