Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets production cost schedule and maintains quality requirements. Complies with the terms of Local and National Labor Agreements. Implements divisional and corporate policies.
- Implements safety and good housekeeping standards Frequent contact with others outside the work group.
- Trains, develops, and evaluates employees Keeps management informed of developments as they occur. Maintains corporate management control systems (Audit Reports and Information, GM Time Keeping System (GMTKS), Grievance Systems, etc.)
- Maintains department records Responsible for effective use of personnel, material and equipment in supporting SPQRC initiatives Must support plant in achieving Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness and Cost goals.
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, work daily, weekend, and holiday overtime as required. Supports/implements the QS9000/ISO14001/(GMS) Global Manufacturing System compliance processes
- None to 3 years of related experience Basic (with or without minimal experience) Clerical, data gathering, machine studies.
- Must complete pre-supervisory assessment program required for proper job preparation
- Leadership interest and abilities required for effective supervision of employees
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures
- Knowledge of basic math Oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of basic technology of area where assigned Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex Minimum high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others. Motivate employee and elicit work output Experience working in a represented environment Knowledge of and ability to insure a safe industrial work environment
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED