PLC Programmers – Automation
Our Hamilton area client is a technology-driven, international Tier 1 automotive parts supplier and leader in the manufacture of custom engineered proprietary products to the global OEM marketplace. Engineering focus is on in-house product development, process improvement and customer application support.
We have been retained to lead and support our client’s search for (2) high performing PLC Programmers / Automation specialists who share the same values and passion for excellence and reward as the other members of their Automation Project Team.
Qualifications and Responsibilities will include:
- Provide design and troubleshooting support during the design, build, integration, debugging and commissioning of new automation equipment (assembly lines, robotic cells, material handling and test equipment).
- PLC programming (primarily Omron, AB and Siemens) and HMI development.
- Knowledge of vision systems integration and motion control.
- Hands-on technical and troubleshooting skills with respect to Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Electrical components selection and ability to prepare electrical schematics (eplan).
- Setting up / supporting controls networks (Ethernet/IP, Ethercat, AS-i).
- Practical knowledge of MS SQL database and related software.
- Knowledge of robotics programming is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with automotive assembly processes is an asset.
Preference will be given to candidates with a degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering, Automation Systems or Robotics Engineering, combined with a minimum of 6 years PLC programming, demonstrated controls/automation design and troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably automotive).
Strong communication and documentation skills are prerequisite, as are a proven ability to work both collaboratively in an engineering team environment, and independently on projects from concept through to process validation and commissioning.
Limited travel is required (10 – 20%), however is primarily limited to client (local) regional Ontario manufacturing sites during business hours. International travel is occasionally but infrequently required.
A very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package is offered, including progressive medical coverage, pension plan and profit sharing.