We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Engineer
Resume Due Date: November 25, 2016 (5:00PM)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Project: Retube & Feeder Replacement
Duration: 8 months
Location: Darlington – Refurb Project Office (RPO)
- Act as a Project Lead for the Containment Isolations project, involves cost, schedule and scope monitoring and control
- Co-ordinate completion of Project deliverables in an EPC environment
- Represent OPG by conducting oversight activities on vendors
- Support teams in development of funding requests
- Resolve issues related to project scope, initiate scope change requests.
- Attend and / or lead project and technical meetings.
- Ensure completion of project tracked actions.
- Develop and implement recommendations to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure proactive identification of potential obstacles, facilitate resolution.
- Ensure vendor scope and documentation is consistent with OPG needs.
- Ensure interface alignment between vendors and OPG
- Review submitted documents; facilitate input and reviews by OPG stakeholders.
- Consolidate comments from reviewers, ensure expedient comment dispositions
- Co-ordinate field activities and act as single point of contact for project execution activities.
- Collect, review and perform calculations on data collected during commissioning activities.
- Other duties as required.
- 10+ years of Engineering experience in the Canadian Nuclear Industry
- Project Engineer experienced in the Canadian Nuclear Industry
- Modification Team Leader, including commissioning of modifications on special safety system(s) is an asset.
- OPG processes and governance including project management, work management and Eng. Change Control.
- Managing sub packages within a major project environment
- Managing contract within an EPC environment
- Managing all phases of a project in the areas of cost, schedule, risk, change control etc.
- Managing multi disciplinary teams
- Detailed station systems and processes knowledge
- Experience with Containment Boundary Mods is an asset
- Experience with Containment Leak Rate Testing Under CSA N287 Series of Standards is an asset.
- Professional Engineer registered with PEO is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes, standards and procedures.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Results oriented.
- Ability to develop and implement recommendations to achieve project objectives
- Ability to exercise personal authority to influence others
- Maintain quality, quantity and accuracy of work
- Ability to effectively use documentation systems for information gathering and exchange: Asset Suite (Passport), SharePoint web sites, PowerSearch.
- Potential to expand responsibilities