Our client, a leader in the automotive industry, is seeking a Quality Engineer who is motivate and results-driven to actively support plant production, corporate safety policies and initiatives with the quality team. You will be responsible for completing work assignments within budget, manpower and timing constraints.
- In this role, the successful incumbent will be responsible for upholding the organizations purpose and values, while ensuring the safe work practices off all its employees. You will also develop and monitor departmental business objectives by managing quality and problem solving expectations commensurate with the responsibilities of the role. In order to achieve your required objectives, you will work with union representatives and management to root cause and solve issues, while reducing warranty costs, and improving throughput.
• Implement the quarterly goals and manage Business Plan Deployment.
• Increase problem solving skills through attainment of Red-x certifications.
• Coordinate repair, rework and containment activities for identified spills.
• Coordinate supplier quality yard sweep and validate scrap disposition.
• Participate in high risk supplier phone call.
• Develop and maintain product quality standards for commodities/processes.
• Conduct preliminary Root Cause, Root Cause and Feedback as well as gain approvals to work issues through the problem reporting and tracking system.
• Diamond 4 through 7 Problem Solving for Voice Of the Customer Metrics
• Perform start of production specification checks and assembly process verification.
• Participates in ISO Audits.
• Facilitate the Production Trial Run Process, documenting concerns material/prod controlled as well as supporting the resolution of Engineering and Supplier issues.
• Shift Work is possible. Which could be Days, Evenings or Nights
• Engineering Degree/College Graduate and equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of assembly processes.
• Red X Apprentice, Journeyman or Masters Certification.
• Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications.
• Knowledge of Problem Reporting and Tracking System, Problem Resolution and Reporting, Production Trial Run processes.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills