Contractors, do you want to work at a global powerhouse?
The Ian Martin Group is only as strong as the workforce in the field. We have a distinctly different approach to our contractor engagement and have a team of specialists to ensure success on your assignment.
Our role is to provide top level technical talent to some of the planets strongest companies in the manufacturing, telecommunications, and technology industries. This is where you come in.
We have an immediate opening for a Supplier Quality Engineer on a 12-month assignment in Oshawa, ON.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all GM safety protocols and GM work ethics
- Follow the ISO (International Standard Organization) spill procedure.
- Follow Top Focus Process.
- Understand and use the various GM data systems Global Quality Tracking System/Supply Power reports, and 6 panel charts.
- Monitor the entire commodity to assess which supplier should be added to Top Focus Interact with Top Focus Supplier on a daily basis.
- Check Problem Report and Resolution documents for the Top Focus supplier on a daily basis and work to get immediate containment and root cause the problem
- Review containment and root cause on urgent and important issues with supplier as required
- Work on a short term fix along with detailed action plans for long term fix
- Conduct a Process Control Plan Audit when visiting a supplier Develop a Quad for the Top Focus Supplier (Quad is a specific report with a fixed format)
- Fill out the SPAM (Supplier Process Assessment Matrix ) for each supplier on Top Focus based on Standardized work.
- Work with high risk suppliers for new parts as identified by the APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) teams requesting current Supplier Quality SPD (Statistical Process Development) Group help.
- Complete the Launch SPAM (Supplier Process Assessment Matrix ) for the Carry Over Parts Support based on Standardized work.
- Standard work risk reduction workshops for carry over parts on high risk launch suppliers Support Executive champion meetings, and follow up, and preparation requests .
- Attend Managers and or Team Leaders Staff Meetings or other meetings Executive Champion.
- Verify at the supplier location the Error Proofing installed.
- Check areas of weakness in supplier process and facility that may allow the supplier to ship a bad part to GM facility.
- Check for the presence of Layered Audits in the Supplier location and verify the plan and documentation information.
- Support the Creativity Teams as required Interact with the Plant Support Supplier Quality Engineer on a regular basis and act as one team on problem solving.
- Knowledge in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate level Knowledge with Lotus Notes or other email communication tool
- Intermediate level Good interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Good written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills Partners with senior management to analyze and solve issues
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant process, procedures and facilities.
- Knowledge of equipment, management processes and productivity tools.
- Understanding of Business models and tools for value creation.
- 6 years Relevant auto industry experience required
- Entry level (<1 year) Past GM work experience required –
- Entry level (<1 year) Areas of expertise include: Project Management, Quality Assurance Required Education/Training/Certifications/Licenses
- High School Diploma or GED Bachelors Degree in Engineering ASQC (American Society for Quality) Certification Required Conditions.
- Red X Apprentice, Journeyman or Masters Certification.