Bruce Power is currently seeking a Sr. Technical Specialist for a contract role within the Site Services Engineering group. Qualified candidates will be experienced in Electrical Engineering, Power Distribution and or Mechanical Engineering with a emphasis on pressure boundary systems/registration, HVAC design/troubleshooting and/or Fire Protection.
Scope of Work:
- Analyze non-standard station technical problems, or problems requiring a level of expertise which stations do not possess. Provide advice, assess proposed solutions and/or identify potential solutions.
- Assist station staff by contributing to the resolution of design and technical problems and implementation of approved solutions. Attempt to influence engineering staff towards accepting optimum approaches.
- Provide advice to station engineering staff to allow them to troubleshoot problems and/or better understand, sustain and improve performance of equipment/systems/processes.
- Keep informed regarding station performance of specified equipment/systems/processes. Identify potential performance issues and recommend alternatives to deal with them.
- Recommend Nuclear technical programs, reflecting internal and external operating experience and industry technology trends, which maintain/improve the long-term performance of major processes, equipment or systems in the stations.
- Develop, with appropriate direction from Manager or Technical Advisor, approved technical programs which maintain/improve the performance of major processes, equipment or systems, e. g. standards, methods, procedures. As assigned, provide direction and oversee specific phases of project design or technical elements of projects.
- Develop/update technical specifications and standards for equipment, systems and processes. Act as subject matter expert for assigned elements of programs.
- As assigned, provide technical verification of work carried out in the Department and related to the specialty areas, to supplement normal peer verification.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of internal and external issues and solutions. Actively work towards improving and advancing engineering design methodologies and technology. Attend, and represent Department, as directed, on various technical committees.
- Assist in the development of staff technical expertise, consistent with the direction of the Manager.
- Perform other duties as required.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Responsible System Engineer for Center of Site Systems
- Responsible Design Engineer for Centre of Site Systems
- Design Authority Representative/Owners Engineer with oversight of Vendor Design Activities, including small and capital projects
- Responsibility for Component Engineering with some oversight and assistance provided by the component and program engineering group.
- Site Buildings and Infrastructure Assets
- Valid Bruce Power Security Clearance
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
- P.Eng designation
- Centre of Site Engineering experience