Supplier Quality Engineer
Maintaining communications, specifications, and schedules between manufacturers and suppliers is never easy.
But when two different companies have a shared vision of what’s possible, there’s nothing they can’t achieve.
If you’re the sort of person who thrives on building lasting relationships with great businesses, we’ve got an opportunity for you.
We’re an automotive parts manufacturer who strives for perfection in everything we do: whether we’re providing the very best in parts to a range of clients, or providing a safe and positive workplace for our employees, dedication, commitment, and consistency are the hallmarks of our ongoing success.
We’re looking to add a new Supplier Quality Engineer to our team, and if you have what it takes to succeed in a position with a big impact, then we want to hear from you.
Supplier Quality Engineer
Your purpose in this role will be to oversee and maintain the systems and processes related to our suppliers’ quality control programs. Using a thorough understanding of our standards and machinery, you will ensure quality while keeping an eye open for chances for improvement.
Most of your work will involve traveling to, and working with, our suppliers. Acting as a liaison between our offices and theirs, you’ll be responsible for auditing, evaluating, and adjusting production to make sure everyone matches our specifications and standards. More specifically, you’ll also be responsible for following up on parts failures, and doing analysis to figure out where key problems are, and how best to fix them.
Beyond being our representative in other production facilities, we want someone who can take an active role with our suppliers and find opportunities that benefit everyone.
Aside from your manufacturing/engineering experience, we’ll be looking for someone who is:
- Results oriented – you always see things in the context of the end goal, and understand how every little process and policy relates to the finished product.
- Dedicated – you take ownership of your role, and have the knowhow and integrity to do the job right every time.
- A great communicator – disagreements don’t bother you because you know how to solve conflicts. Whether it’s on our end or theirs, you can get people onside with a plan that works.
Working With Us
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours from Monday to Friday. We offer a competitive salary, relative to your skills and experience. There will also be some travel involved in Southern Ontario/Michigan, and internationally.
We are committed to getting better every day, and work to create an environment that brings out the best in every employee, develops leaders, and rewards results.
Our employees have many reasons why they love working for us, but one thing they mention again and again is the quality of the team. Teamwork is key, and we work hard to foster a group that is motivated to get the job done, together.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Professional Engineer designation would be an asset
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Lead Auditor certification would be an asset
- Experience as a supply quality engineer strongly preferred
- Experience with GD&T systems
- Experience in mechanical engineering, preferably in tier 1 automotive or a related manufacturing field
- Experience with PPAP, Run@Rates, and Capacity Verification
- Experience with design control and risk analysis, including FMEA
- Experience in the evaluation of systems, measurement, and analytics as they relate to supply quality
- Experience and knowledge of manufacturing processes for conformance with Quality Systems, Regulatory, ISO/TS16949 and VDA Standards
- Experience with Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) procedures
- Prior experience in the leadership of corrective action teams would be an asset
- Valid passport, driver’s license, and ability to travel internationally
How to Apply
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.