On behalf of our client, a global leader in providing engineering and design services, we are looking for a rail/transit systems engineer to join their growing team. This person will play a key role in the organization’s Canadian transit related projects.
- Conduct needs analysis and assess documentation
- Design and/or implement solutions that are compliant and utilize industry best practices.
- Deliver assigned tasks in accordance with the requirements and scope, within the agreed timescales and budgeted costs, in accordance with Company’s quality standards and procedures and all applicable legal requirements.
- Provide relevant inputs to other disciplines and functions.
- Hands on design – produce and review reports, analyses, specifications, calculations, drawings, plans, etc.
- Interface with clients, partners, executive management and other engineering disciplines
- Manage design and monitor status
- 10+ years experience with PTC (Positive Train Control), CBTC (Communications-Based Train Control), Signaling, Systems Engineering and/or Electrification
- Experience with railway/transit operations and maintenance
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- P.Eng license in Ontario
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Familiar with AREMA Standards, CRO Rules and CENELEC
- Previous experience working within the rail industry in Ontario will be considered a definite asset