We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer for our Peterborough, Ontario location.
The Project Engineer will work as a lead on technically challenging project as a member of a systems engineering group that supports on-power refueling systems for CANDU Reactors.
You will lead the design, development, and test of projects related to automated and semi-automated fuelling machines, robotic systems, and maintenance tooling for CANDU reactors.
Most of the responsibility will focus on the initial stages of project development, requirement development, and compliance & traceability. You will work within a highly collaborative organization with cross functional engineering teams testing your ability to display technical and procedural leadership.
- Define and manage system-level design requirements with the use of formal management tools (Req. Pro, Quality Center, DOORS).
- Define and manage interfaces and scope between discipline specific design areas (mechanical, I&C and software).
- Provide leadership and direction of design activities in conjunction with the technical counselors.
- Prepare and verify system-level design documentation.
- Make technical decisions on trade-offs and alternative solutions ensuring that they meet the contractual requirements for the project.
- Develop testing/verification & validation strategies, plans, procedures, and reports to fulfill requirements traceability.
- Perform hazard/safety assessments.
- Construct design FMEA in conjunction with the design team.
- Provide technical oversight in a unionized testing environment.
- Provide technical oversight of and interface to equipment suppliers.
- Lead and participate in troubleshooting investigations to support system failures on site.
PROCESS & PROCEDURES:
- Work efficiently within Business Management Structure to ensure compliance of design and supply projects.
- Work within the customer’s engineering change control process to successfully deliver products for customer success.
- Determine and document project deliverables, methods and limitations.
- Conduct Design Reviews as required during the project lifecycle.
- Conduct functional test/FAT as required.
- Support the project manager and multi-functional design to manage scheduled tasks.
- Maintain systems engineering tools and best practices and educate other engineering disciplines.
DO YOU QUALIFY? WE ARE SEEKING:
- B.A.Sc. in Engineering.
- Min 5 years’ experience in design engineering.
- Holds a current PEO license.
- Experience with a broad range of interdisciplinary activities: systems design, requirements development, interface design, systems integration and test, RAM&S.
- Exposure to a broad range of interdisciplinary departments: mechanical, I&C, software design and manufacturing.
- Adept with process control systems (e.g. PLCs).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, understandable by a diverse audience.
- Creative problem-solving skills, outstanding analytical abilities, demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Flexibility to work remotely on short-term customer site assignment.
Creative and innovative thinkers please apply!