On behalf of our client, we are looking for a technical writer to join their team. Working onsite, as part of a team, the candidate will develop, innovate, streamline and improve in-house procedures and the format of technical documentation. The primary intended audience will use documents with regards to maintenance on highly specialized automated nuclear equipment
- Read schematics, flow sheets, drawings, bills of materials, and technical specifications of complex equipment and write clear, concise, and accurate step-by-step maintenance instructions.
- Interface and communicate directly with engineering and technical staff and external customers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the maintenance requirements.
- Communicate and interface directly with Technical Illustrators to ensure the maintenance instructions are illustrated in a clear and concise manner.
- Manage the progress of each assigned project to ensure cost and schedule targets are met.
- Formulate and suggest to the Team Leader an action plan to address issues of changing cost or schedule on assigned projects.
- 5+ years’ technical writing experience.
- Experience documenting complex mechanical equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Framemaker.
- Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat skills.
- Strong English language skills (written & verbal).
- Two years experience in the Nuclear Industry will be considered an asset.